Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Inspiration Factor and Why Obama has it


Copied and Posted By Rie Umano


Watching the swearing in of our new president, I started to ponder -- Why do so many people feel inspired by Barack Obama?
Very often we cannot predict what or who will inspire us, any more than we can explain why one person favors ketchup over mustard or classical over country. That's why it's pretty remarkable that one man has triggered so much anticipation, loyalty and willingness to chip in to help put our country on a peaceful, financially sound course.
I have become something of an expert on the topic of inspiration -- my two career paths as a writer and a life coach require me to seek it and provide it, respectively, on a regular basis. One of the reasons I attract so many creatives, or would-be creatives, into my life-coaching practice is they know I am also an artist. They are often, not always consciously, seeking support or permission to tap into their own creative well.


No comments:

Post a Comment