Sunday, October 25, 2009

Underlining 'Free' in 'Free Credit Report'




Posted by: Nicole Nelson

Written by:Michelle Singletary

I've been meaning to pull my credit reports for some time.

I, like so many others, am concerned about identity theft or uncorrected errors in my credit files that might ding my credit scores.

When I finally got around to it, I knew to go to AnnualCreditReport.com or call 877-322-8228. I haven't been fooled by those ubiquitous commercials for FreeCreditReport.com with the goofy guy playing a guitar and complaining about how his life is messed up because he didn't check his credit report.

But the Federal Trade Commission has received many complaints from consumers who were misdirected from the official centralized site. Every person is entitled to a free credit report every 12 months from each of the three nationwide consumer reporting agencies -- Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.

to read more click here

No comments:

Post a Comment