Feb. 27 2009
People always want to improve their credit score, not only because a good credit score will help them have a cheaper interest rate when they borrowing money, but also because a good credit score will help their lives much easier. But if you forget to pay several bills on time or did something hurt your credit, what you can do to repair the damage? The following is some tips for improve your credit score.
1. Always pay your bills on time, but if you missed the deadline, get current and stay current.
2. If you have problem making the ends meet, you should get in touch with your creditors to help you with managing your credit and pay bills on time.
3. Pay off debt rather than moving it around.
4. Don’t close unused credit cards as short-term strategy to raise your score.
5. Don’t open numbers of new credit cards that you don’t need just for increase your available credit, apply for and open new credit card only as needs.
6. Don’t close paid-off, old accounts.
7. Keep balances low on credit cards.
8. Re-establish your credit history if you have had problems.