Friday, December 11, 2009
The Simple, But Rarely followed tips
By Shawn Chandok
The following list is a list of tips that we as humans take for granted. Some of them can be induced as basic knowledge; however you will be surprised to see how many people don’t follow them.
1. Pay Yourself First: What this means is before you deduct any expenses from your income, the first thing you should do is take a percentage (usually 10-20%) out for your savings account.
2. Spend Less than you earn: Although this may seem less, Americans are notorious for doing just the opposite. Do not fall for luring advertisements on credit cards, and try to use them as little as possible (only for emergencies in my opinion).
3. Pay Bills on time: This is one of the biggest mistakes you can make during your college life if not followed because it can ruin your credit history for your upcoming future, which means it will be very hard to get a loan for a house, car, etc.
4. Plan a budget: Always record your daily expenses in either a small book or computer program and constantly analyzer where you can reduce expenses.
5. Set Goals: Although last on the list, this is probably one of the most important things to consider because setting goals allows you to achieve more exhilaration in life and not live check by check.